CLU - Christian Link United
Mission StatementWe are here to provide a place where high school students can have fun while meeting new friends, sharing their Christian faith, and learning about others. The leaders are committed to creating a solid community of teens through our enthusiasm, dedication, and understanding.
GoalsOur goals are based on the themes and components outlined in the U.S. Bishops' 1997 document, Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry. We have adopted the following three goals of Renewing the Vision as our own:
- To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community.
- To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
- Provide opportunities for teens to experience the value of community life.
- Provide our youth an open caring space and an experience of belongingness and trust.
Spiritual Life/Catechetical Life
- We aim to provide our youth with opportunities to understand their faith and enable them to translate their faith into their day-to-day life.
- These opportunities include bible sharing and faith sharing.
- Provides parish youth retreat program.
Prayer and Worship
- We aim to provide our youth with opportunities to experience Christ meaningfully in prayer, sacraments, and in any liturgical worship.
- To foster prayer as an integral part of the life of our young people.
- Provides opportunities for our youth to be fully active participants in the liturgy by exercising their ministry as lectors, Eucharistic ministers, cantors or being part of the choir, ushers, and other roles.
- Provides mentoring and guidance for our youth.
- We provide opportunities to help our young people to recognize their leadership skills in order for them to assume responsibility for their programs.
- Foster peer ministry within parish's ministry to youth.
Social Justice and Service
- We provide opportunities for our youth to reflect on the social justice concerns of the church and offers opportunities to respond in action on behalf of others.
Contact Primo Martinez at...