Roman Missal, Third EditionNew Words: A Deeper Meaning, but the Same Mass
Since Vatican II in 1970, there have been profound changes in the Liturgy. Changes have continued in larger and smaller ways in the years following. Now, in 2011, the Third Edition of the Roman Missal, English Translation has been completed and will be introduced to all the English speaking faithful. The Roman Missal will be implemented in the USA on the First Sunday of Advent, 27 November 2011, the beginning of the Liturgical year.
At SJC, we are all exploring the new text and prayers, from our Pastor Fr. Greg to our Children. These pages offer resources to explore the Roman Missal on your own.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Roman Missal section
- Diocese of San José, Roman Missal Workshop
- Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions, Roman Missal Formation
- International Commission on English in the Liturgy
- Liturgy Training Publications, Revised Roman Missal
- Midwest Theological Forum, Roman Missal
- Gotta Sing Gotta Pray - Blog, discussions
- Pray Tell - Blog, discussions